6 months to plan my dream wedding on a budget

13 years in everybody else's weddings; now it's finally my turn! One week in, and I have a feeling this is going to be an emotional roller coaster ride!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

42 days/6 weeks - Music

We just picked a perfect recessional song yesterday, yea!

But we are utterly clueless about a first dance song. We have looked at/listened to a lot of options. They're either too fast or too slow or too overplayed.

I'm waiting to get the score (?) for the song I want to walk down the aisle to. Then I need to hear it on a piano, and if I like it, find someone to play it.

Fiance's friend, one of his groomsmen, is working on assembling folks for a string quartet.

Another friend is singing while we have our unity ceremony and family prayer. I'm hoping she can also play the piano for my processional. We'll see.

We've got songs picked for the seating of the family and the entrance of the wedding party, but we need the string quartet to learn how to play these songs!

Speaking of the family...in the last week we found out that there is a good chance neither of our grandmas will be at the wedding due to health reasons. :(

I need to finalize details, sign contracts and pay a bunch of bills. Sigh... Our account is gonna be empty quickly.

6 weeks... It's getting very very real!

We have reservations for our honeymoon all set!!! Sooooo exciting!!

6 more weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment